I’ve never been a huge chili-loving person... until now.
Come to find out, I prefer my chili non-traditional. Hearty, yes. Bursting with flavor, yes. But this is not your typical chili. It’s a million times better! And did I mention, it's healthy too? Bonus!
Hearty Sweet Potato Chili:
-1 tbsp. Olive oil
-1 med. yellow Onion
-4 cloves Garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. Chili powder
-1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
-1 yellow Bell pepper, diced
-1 Sweet potato, cubed
-2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, unsalted
-2 cups dry red lentils
-2 can Kidney beans
-1 cup frozen organic White corn
-8 cups Vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Avocado & cilantro (as much as you want for garnish)
- Tortilla chips for dipping (ours are gluten free, non-gmo & extra crunchy)
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, onion & spices & saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, sweet potato & diced tomatoes. Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the broth, lentils, beans & corn. Bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
6. Top with avocado slices & cilantro
Take a dip!
Tammy Fodrey & Biopharma Scientific