Friday, January 23, 2015

Fitspiration Friday!


It's fitspiration Friday! Meet the beautiful & inspiring Carolyn Cariaga. I met Carolyn through our amazing tribe at Mantra Yoga & Juice Bar. I soon found out that she's a total fitness maven! She's in love with the benefits of hot yoga, crushes core in Pilates, burns it up in Barre, rocks it in Boot camp, and weight trains with her man on the regular. She is the definition of diversity, mixing  it up to keep her workouts fresh, fun & rewarding! She took me to The Movement Lab in Solana Beach for a Hip Hop class and we had a BLAST!

TF: What gets you out of bed in the morning and why?

CC: Gratitude. Every morning I wake up I am thankful to have another day to better myself. Bettering myself gives me the opportunity to help & be of service to others.    

TF: How do you stay motivated to workout everyday?

CC: Surrounding myself with people who have the same goals & lifestyle helps a ton. I have a great group of friends and a wonderful fiancé that are into health & fitness. I love the feeling I get after a workout. I feel a sense of accomplishment.

TF: What are 3 things you couldn't live without in regards to your health regimen?

CC: Water. BEST thing you can do for your body, it's so good for you! BCAA. Branch chain amino acids help with muscle recovery, reduces fatigue & soreness so I can still work out the next day. Also, it's important to feed & fuel your body. I try to eat as healthy as possible and I eat a lot! But when I have a cheat meal I don't beat myself up, I enjoy it.

Carolyn's Mantra: "He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything"



Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us Carolyn! And for the great reminder that working out can and SHOULD be fun. With so many options, there's no excuses! We all deserve an active, healthy life!



With a genuine personality and a playful yet grounded attitude, Tammy Fodrey speaks to the spirit inside each of her students. Tammy uses practical application of yoga postures with strong, engaging messages to encourage her students to break free from self-imposed limitations and create every opportunity to grow and thrive in life and on the mat. As an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher, Tammy’s classes are a mixture of rhythmic vinyasa flow and alignment based education of traditional yoga postures. Her classes are characterized as challenging yet gentle, as she inspires her students to stimulate self-awareness, vitality, and connection. Tammy is a dedicated mother, yogi, runner and wellness ambassador whose ultimate goal is to find to grace and ease in a busy, fast-paced world. She offers group classes, facilitates workshops, and teaches private sessions in her community.






No comments:

Post a Comment