Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Love, light & healing



I'll never forget the first time I encountered the word 'chakra'.. There was some eye-rolling, some judgment and some critical thinking as in 'that sounds like a bunch of hippy dippy BS to me.'
As I entered my yoga teacher training 4 years ago, I was still somewhat thinking along those lines. Sure, I'll learn the postures, recite the sanskrit, take people through a sequence that makes sense. I can connect to my emotions, and talk about it. I can do that. But a big fat N-O to those chakras! What was my beef with them? Why did I resist so much?

The turning point was when I realized that something was missing. There had to be more. More than just a body, more than just a mind. And more to my feelings than just the sense of being out of control any time I let myself feel. As I began an intense study of the Chakra system my mind was BLOWN. Of course! Now it all makes sense. This is where our practice comes to life:
E N E R G Y. The flow of our energy is crucial to our existence. It connects us to our spirit. It is everything. And just as the breath connects the physical body to our subtle, energetic, emotional body.. I finally connected to my practice, and the puzzle started to come together.

Fast forward..
I teach what I am passionate about, and instead of my eyes rolling at the thought of chakras, my eyes light up when I get the chance to speak and teach others about them. This week I am focusing on Manipura, the solar plexus.. or 3rd chakra.

The message of the 3rd chakra is this:

You have the power to choose. Consciously harnessing the energy of Manipura gives us the ability to move forward in life with confidence. To make conscious choices and act on those choices from a place of self-love, self-acceptance, knowing our self-worth. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside is what you will manifest on the outside, and as we come into a loving relationship with our SELF we are then able to fully and completely love others. This is the first act of love. Love yourself first.

You have the power to choose. Do you choose love, light & healing? Do you value yourself and your work? Are you confident in your ability to do something well, do you love & accept yourself, and are you willing to express that to others? If we continue to struggle with self-love, chances are we will greatly struggle with outward-love and our relationships. We will suffer, and they will suffer right along with us.

It's time to choose.

Stop having the conversation with yourself that you aren't good enough, that you will fail. Start loving yourself and own your greatness!

And it's okay if you're rolling your eyes at me, I've been there. And I love you anyways. But the point is..
Do you love you?




                                                       

With a genuine personality and a playful yet grounded attitude, Tammy Fodrey speaks to the spirit inside each of her students. Tammy uses practical application of yoga postures with strong, engaging messages to encourage her students to break free from self-imposed limitations and create every opportunity to grow and thrive in life and on the mat. As an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher, Tammy’s classes are a mixture of rhythmic vinyasa flow and alignment based education of traditional yoga postures. Her classes are characterized as challenging yet gentle, as she inspires her students to stimulate self-awareness, vitality, and connection. Tammy is a dedicated mother, yogi, runner and wellness ambassador whose ultimate goal is to find to grace and ease in a busy, fast-paced world. She offers group classes, facilitates workshops, and teaches private sessions in her community.



No comments:

Post a Comment