Friday, February 6, 2015

Fitspiration Friday!



Excited to introduce this amazing woman! Meet Candice Robinson, stay-at-home mother of four .. yes FOUR kiddos.. ages 8, 7, 6 & 4! When she’s not driving kids to practice, wrangling her youngest & doing the toughest job on the planet, being a MOM, she is sweating it out, inverting in headstand and strengthening her body & mind in yoga class.

TF: Other than your four kids, what gets you out of bed in the morning and why?!

CR: I became a morning person once I had kids, that’s for sure! But I really do love the fresh start of a new day. I start every morning with music and tea, this gets me going in the right direction. It's a chance to set the tone and pace for all that follows.

TF: How do you stay motivated and committed to your yoga practice?

CR: I look at it as something I "get" to do rather than something I "have" to do. It's the only time in the day that I can dedicate 100% to myself. I like to alternate between yoga and running, but I don’t hold myself to a strict schedule. Instead, I just listen to what my body needs. When I take care of myself I am able to give more. I am a better mom, wife, and friend.

TF: What are 3 things you couldn't live without in regards to your health regimen?

CR: Music! I like all kinds of music, but mostly Indie rock and folk. Hydration is key.. I try to stay away from sugar-filled drinks out there & stick with water. I couldn't live without my lulu lemon bottoms! I absolutely LOVE their pants for yoga and their shorts for running. I need clothes that stay put when I move and these do the trick. They are worth every penny!

Candice's tip:  "You can’t always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside." I can't control what others do but I can control my own perception and reaction. I try to focus on working on myself, not others. It's always a work on progress.

Thank you for sharing with us Candice! You are an inspiration to Moms everywhere. As a mom myself, I am familiar with the importance of committing to self-care. Our health is the MOST important gift we can give to our children. We need our sanity just as much as they need us to role model a healthy lifestyle. It’s a win-win!



With a genuine personality and a playful yet grounded attitude, Tammy Fodrey speaks to the spirit inside each of her students. Tammy uses practical application of yoga postures with strong, engaging messages to encourage her students to break free from self-imposed limitations and create every opportunity to grow and thrive in life and on the mat. As an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher, Tammy’s classes are a mixture of rhythmic vinyasa flow and alignment based education of traditional yoga postures. Her classes are characterized as challenging yet gentle, as she inspires her students to stimulate self-awareness, vitality, and connection. Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment