Monday, March 30, 2015

No-Guilt Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten-Free!)

Getting healthy? Before you swear off your favorites, like cookies & milk, how about finding a healthier alternative? Because let’s face it: a life without cookies is not the life I want to live, and I’m sure you don’t either!

I’m a huge fan of NOT swearing foods off entirely, but finding a healthier replacement for them. Because a.) when I swear them off it just makes me want them MORE and b.) I don’t believe in depriving myself. I’d rather hang on to a couple extra pounds than be miserable while everyone else gets to enjoy. No thanks.

Not all cookies are created equal though. Most cookies are made with processed junk. White sugar, white flour, and canola oil.
ICK!

I stumbled across this recipe in my kitchen one night after dinner when my sweet tooth was griping at me. And when I say stumbled I mean I was hard-up for some cookies and pulled some random ingredients out of my pantry and fridge and threw them together. Since then, I have somewhat perfected these delicious treats and I keep them on hand as a healthy alternative when that sweet tooth comes to visit, which is often!

These cookies are gluten-free as well!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Coconut oil
1 cup Coconut sugar
2 Egg whites
1/2 cup Almond milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 cups Cashew flour 

1 scoop Nanopro vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 cups gluten-free Rolled Oats
1 cup Pecans, chopped
1 cup Dark Chocolate chips
1 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with large spoon until blended evenly.
 

3. Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture, packing it firmly, then placing it on your cookie sheet covered with tin foil.
 

4. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

5. Enjoy your cookies with a glass of almond milk!

Yours Truly,


Tammy Fodrey & Biopharma Scientific


Want more healthy recipes? Follow Tammy Fodrey Health & Wellness on Facebook or link on Instagram @tammyfodrey

No comments:

Post a Comment