Friday, January 16, 2015

Fitspiration Friday!



It’s Fitspiration Friday! Meet Tara Steuernagel: Rock star runner, yoga devotee, mom and business owner! Tara is one of the most dedicated people I have ever met. She pulls off three runs AND three yoga classes per week.. effortlessly!

TF: What gets you out of bed in the morning and why?

Tara: I get up to see what life has to offer.  To get to see my wonderful son.  To live life & work on myself. Lately I have been refocusing and learning how to balance life for my family, my relationship with my husband,  as well as put some focus on myself.  I wake up excited to work on this and see what this new positive energy will bring myself and my family.

TF: Who and what inspires you? 

Tara: This has been a very long and stressful past few years. Moving from our home town to San Diego, then dealing with some health issues. I’ve met a few people this past year that have really inspired me with all their words of positive thinking and focusing on positive energy. Catherine Mazure, the yoga teacher I take classes with at Re:form Yoga in Carlsbad, has been a huge part of this for me. I am also very thankful for new friends in my life who inspire me every day.

TF: How do you stay motivated to stick with your workouts?

Tara: I get to go to my “happy place”.  I love the high I get from running.  I am a morning runner, because it’s such a great way to start my day.  The days I don't' run, I definitely miss it.
I am an early riser, so I try to get to bed early! My motivation to keep going is just how it makes me feel when I’m finished!

Tara’s Tip: Make time for yourself each day.  Don't let the stress that life can bring take over your life. You matter, you are important, and you need to take care of you too :-)  Focus on the positive and positive will come.


Thanks for sharing with us Tara! Keep inspiring us friends!


About Tammy: With a genuine personality and a playful yet grounded attitude, Tammy Fodrey speaks to the spirit inside each of her students. Tammy uses practical application of yoga postures with strong, engaging messages to encourage her students to break free from self-imposed limitations and create every opportunity to grow and thrive in life and on the mat. As an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher, Tammy’s classes are a mixture of rythmic vinyasa flow and alignment based education of traditional yoga postures. Her classes are characterized as challenging yet gentle, as she inspires her students to stimulate self-awareness, vitality, and connection. Tammy is a dedicated mother, yogi, runner and wellness ambassador whose ultimate goal is to find to grace and ease in a busy, fast-paced world. She offers group classes, facilitates workshops, and teaches private sessions in her community.


No comments:

Post a Comment